Working extensively with teachers to promote engagement, raise attainment and cultivate cultural capital
Whether your pupils are more able or have basic skills, come from disadvantaged or advantaged backgrounds, as a school you need to ensure they all work towards maximizing their potential. Verity can assist you in this journey by providing individual teacher, phase, whole school, cluster or county-wide training for staff as well as inspiring workshops for children. Verity could assist with:
- Review of strategies and schemes of work to ensure high challenge is written in to everyday learning experiences.
- Dynamic mentoring – one on one lesson studies to discuss individual daily practise. This includes Verity modelling lessons for teachers to observe and gives supportive feedback (this is especially useful for NQTs and staff needing a little more support as part of their CPD).
- Cohort mentoring – mentoring a group of identified teachers across a number of schools to enhance practise as a network. This is then fed into whole school practise across a region.
- Workshops and seminars on key issues relating to the new curriculum such as ‘What is Mastery and how do we teach it?’ and ‘How to deliver high challenge literacy.’
- Modelling Lessons – seeing your class be taught can be a powerful way to gain new insight into your teaching and develop new ways of accessing your learners. Why not invite Verity in to model a lesson from the specifics of AfL and peer assessment to broader topics of poetry or science.
- Creating schemes of work unique to your setting that have challenge and mastery at their heart.
- Preparation for transition –working with feeder primary schools to ensure KS3 progress is maintained and enhanced once at secondary phase.
‘Opening Doors to Poetry and Prose’ is a great resource by Bob Cox to develop high level comprehension and quality writing through challenging classical texts. Trained by Bob, Verity is accredited to deliver CPD on how to get the best out of the 50 units of work available. Discover access strategies to tricky texts, develop subject knowledge and strive for excellence with this one day course. See upcoming events or contact Verity for details.
“Inspectors will pay particular attention to whether the most able pupils are making progress towards attaining the highest standards … They will also consider whether they are receiving the support they need to reach their full potential” ~ Ofsted, August 2015